WorkForce Payroll includes several defaults and generic pre/post-addition/deduction payroll fields that appear on employees' payslips. In addition to these fields, you can create an unlimited number of custom payroll fields to appear on your payslips, tailored to the terminology used in your company.
Step 1: Launch the Payroll module;
Step 2: Click on Settings in the main menu, and then select Field Settings;
Step 3: On this page, you will see a list of all your Payroll fields. To add a new custom field, click on Add New;
Step 4: Enter the information for your new field:
- Code: This field is auto-generated by the system.
- Name: Enter the name of the field, which will be displayed on the employees' payslips.
- Is Addition: Check this checkbox if your field is an addition, or leave it unchecked if your field is a deduction.
- Is Taxable: Check this checkbox if your field is a pre-tax field, or leave it unchecked if your field is a post-tax field.
- Hide If Zero-Payslip: Check this box if you want to hide this field from employees' payslips when its value is zero, or leave it unchecked to always show the field.
- Date Filter: Optionally enter a date from which the field is applicable; this field can be left empty if not required.
- Years-to-Date Totals - Payslip: Choose whether you want to hide, hide if zero, or always show the year-to-date totals for this field on employees' payslips.
- Include in PT Hours: Check this box if you want to include the hours/units of this field in the Part-Time Weekly Allowance and Statutory bonus calculation.