WorkForce Payroll allows you to bulk import adjustments into a pay run using Excel which can save you a lot of time, especially in the case of larger companies.
How do I bulk import payroll adjustments?
Step 1: After processing your pay run, click on the Import Payrun Data button which can be found on the top, right-hand side of the Payrun Details page.
Step 2: Click on Browse and select your Excel file. For assistance on how to build your Excel File, please refer to the last section of this article.
Step 3: In the File Options section, we suggest that you keep the system’s default settings:
- ‘Start import at line’: The first option allows you to select at which line/row number of the Excel file the adjustments are imported from. If the file you are importing contains column headings, the import would need to start from the next line (i.e. Start import at line ‘2’).
- ‘Employee Number’, ‘FieldCode’, ‘Units’, ‘Rate’, ‘Amount’, and ‘Remark’: The numbers next to the field names refer to the column number in the Excel file. This section can also be used as a reference point to be able to create a file with a layout acceptable for the upload.
IMPORTANT: Please note that when clicking on ‘Edit Field Values’, you will be presented with the field code for each payroll field. In the Excel File, please refer to the field by entering its respective field code.
Step 4: Click on Proceed
Step 5: Approve the adjustments by clicking on the Approve button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 6: Click on Finish to return to the Edit Payroll screen.
Step 7: The employees that were affected by the import will be marked as required reprocessing. To reprocess the employees, just click on ‘click here’.
Excel File Layout
Kindly find below a sample of the Excel file layout which is acceptable for upload:
- Column A: The employee number
- Column B: The field code (see Step 3 for further information)
- Column C: Hours/Units (Leave this column empty if you are entering the full amount in column E)
- Column D: Rate (Leave this column empty if you are entering the full amount in column E)
- Column E: Amount
- Column F: Remark