In cases where you have employees who work remotely or do not start or end their workday at the company premises, Timekeeper allows for remote punching-in to occur.
This article will guide you on how to provide employees with access to punch in/out using their smartphones or computers. If you have already granted access to your employees, please skip the steps below and click here for assistance on how to punch in/out from a smartphone or computer.
Step 2: The employee must be given login credentials to access WorkForce. Please follow this article for assistance on how to invite/add new users to log in to WorkForce. Please skip this step if the user has already been invited/added to WorkForce.
Step 3: Link the user with the respective employee. Please follow this article for further assistance.
Step 4: Provide the new user with the required permissions to punch in/out remotely:
- Open your user management page by clicking on Product Switcher>WorkForce, and then click on the Manage Users tab from the left-hand side menu.
- Select Timekeeper from the product drop-down menu.
- Give permission to the employee to punch in/out remotely:
- Punching In/Out using any type of smartphone: Click on the checkbox under 'Mobile User'.
- Punching In/Out using from a computer: Click on the checkboxes under 'Web User' and 'User'.
- Punching In/Out using both the smartphone and computer: Click on the check box under 'Mobile User', 'Web App' and 'User'.
After completing these four easy steps, the employee can start punching in/out remotely. For more assistance on how to punch in/out remotely using either of the two described methods, please click here.