In the case that you have employees who are either working remotely or not starting or ending their working day at the company premises, Timekeeper allows for punching-in to take place remotely. Remote punches can happen via a Mobile App or Web Application after following the steps below.
If the employee owns an Android smartphone, s/he can download the DataByte WorkForce mobile app from the Google Play Store. Alternatively, should the user has an iPhone or would like to punch in/out from a computer, s/he can access the Web Application.
This article will guide you on how to give access to employees to start using this feature.
Step 1: After creating the employee, proceed to link the employee to the Timekeeper module.
Step 2: The employee must be given login credentials to access WorkForce. Please follow this article for assistance on how to invite/add new users to log in to WorkForce. Please skip this step if the user has already been invited/added to WorkForce.
Step 3: Provide the new user with the required permissions to punch in/out remotely:
- Open your user management page by clicking on Product Switcher>WorkForce, and then click on the Manage Users tab from the left-hand side menu.
- Select Timekeeper from the product drop-down menu.
- Give permission to the employee to punch in/out remotely:
- Punching In/Out using the Android App only: Tick the tick box under 'Mobile User' and 'User'.
- Punching In/Out using from a Web Application: Tick the tick box under 'Web User' and 'User'.
- Punching In/Out using both the Android App and a Web Application: Tick the tick box under 'Mobile User', 'Web App' and 'User'.
Step 4: Link the user with the respective employee. Please follow this article for further assistance.
After completing these four easy steps, the employee can start punching in/out remotely. For more assistance on how to punch in/out remotely using either of the two described methods, please click here.
Article is closed for comments.