You may encounter a case with a new or existing employee where tax is not being deducted. There can be several reasons why tax is not being deducted.
What would you need to check?
- Confirm that the employee has the Deduct FSS Payments from Salary setting enabled.
Note: Such a setting is found in the employee's profile, under the Payrun Adjustments tab
- The Employee has the correct Previous Emoluments and Previous Tax inserted into his profile.
Note: This applies if the employee was engaged with you during the year. Such information is found in the employee's FS3 of the current year and is required by the system to adjust tax accordingly.
- Employee's Gross Salary does not fall in a taxable bracket
- Over-payment of tax in previous pay runs
Note: If an employee over-pays their tax payments, WorkForce Payroll will adjust the employee's tax accordingly.
- Employee has an FSS Status of a 0% Fixed Tax Rate
Note: Such a setting is found in the employee's profile, under the Payrun Adjustments tab.