This article will show you how to upload your first file in the Public [Company] Folder.
To know the difference between the Public and Employee folders, click here.
How do I upload a file to the Public Folder?
Step 1: Launch the WorkForce People module, and click on Files from the left-hand side menu.
Step 2: Select Public from the Filter folder drop-down and click on the Search button (By default, the Public folder is always selected).
Step 3: Click on the Upload Files button
Step 4: Enter the following file upload details:
- Public Folder or Employee Folder: Ensure that you have the Public Folder radio button selected
- Send to Portal: Tick this checkbox if you would like to give access to ALL employees to download this file from their respective Portal.
- Start of Retention Period: Select the start date of your file's retention period
- Category: Select the file retention category. The file's expiry date will show next to the Category drop-down, based on your selection. For more information on how to set up such categories, click here.
- File upload: File/s can be added by one of these two methods: (1) Drag and drop into the large table or (2) Click on the large table and select your file from your computer.
Step 5: Click on the green Upload button to upload your file into your Public Folder.
How do I edit and view Public [Company] files?
You can view all your uploaded files within the Public Folder by selecting Public from the Filter folder drop-down and then clicking on the Search button. You can choose to edit or download a file by clicking on the respective action button to the left of the file name.
Moreover, WorkForce People allows you to apply bulk actions to your files by clicking on the checkbox to the left of the Actions heading to select all the files, and apply one of the following bulk actions:
- Sent to Portal: The selected files will be sent to ALL employees' portals
- Remove from Portal: The selected files will be removed from ALL employees' portals.
- Recycle: The selected files will have their status updated to 'Recycled'. Recycled files cannot be edited.
- Restore Recycle: The selected files will have their status from 'Recycled'.
- Delete: The selected files will be permanently deleted.
Hint: The green employee icon indicates that the file is available on ALL employees' portals.